Selling your Engagement Ring after Divorce
Deciding to sell an engagement ring during or after a divorce has a number of financial and emotional benefits.
But what is the best way to sell an engagement ring? How quickly will you get paid? Who will give you the best price?
Who to sell to
When looking to sell your wedding ring, you have a multitude of options including jewelers, auction houses, pawnbrokers, and online diamond buyers. The reality is that large auction houses such as Sotheby’s and Christies only seek exceptional diamonds (typically extremely large stones or rare fancy colored diamonds).
Meanwhile selling on platforms such as EBay and Craigslist can be a lengthy process with no guarantee of a sale. Pawnbrokers will get you cash the quickest, but they are not diamond specialists and often pay a pittance for wedding sets. And most jewelry stores have limited buying power.
U.S. Coins and Jewelry, however, offers a quick service and are typically able to offer better prices. There are multiple reasons for this:
• We are diamond experts who are able to establish the exact value of your engagement ring.
• With lower overhead, U.S. Coins and Jewelry can offer higher for your ring.
The importance of research
Finding a reputable diamond buyer takes some research. You will want to work with a company that fulfills the following criteria:
• BBB accredited
• Has a credible number of reviews online
• Provides free and transparent service
• GIA (Gemological Institute of America) trained diamond experts
The process to sell an engagement ring
U.S. Coins and Jewelry offers a quick and pain-free service, making it simple for you to get cash for your engagement ring. Our 3-step process outlined below can take as little as 48 hours:
1. Fill out our online form with the details on your engagement ring. You will be contacted by a representative with an initial price range.
2. Schedule an appointment for a final offer and meet with a representative who can offer you a final price.
3. If you accept the offer, money will be paid on the spot.
So remember, if you choose to sell your engagement ring, you should feel comfortable every step of the way. Consider all of your options, do your research and make sure to sell your engagement ring safely, for the best possible price.